We made the world’s first 100% biodegradable cooler as an alternative to the single-use EPS foam cooler.
We introduced RECOOL in May 2019, and since then it’s:
• Earned one billion media impressions
• Received six innovation awards
• Sold 250,000+ units nationally within one year
• Received third-party validation claim
• Been updated with responsible packaging
We’re using REPREVE recycled fiber in new Igloo softside coolers.
Through our REPREVE collection:
• We will be offering 18 new softside coolers – six new styles in three different colors
• We’re recycling 9–19 plastic bottles to make each style
• Our goals are to:
- Recycle one million plastic bottles by 2022
- Move all our fabric to recycled materials by 2023
THERMECOOL INSULATION FORMULA
We’re building coolers with new insulation that’s 50x better for the planet.
After the California Air Resources Board (CARB) banned HFCs, we took action by:
• Creating THERMECOOL, a new foam insulation that’s:
- 50x better for the planet than CARB regulations require
- Proven to perform better than our previous foam insulation
• Retooling our entire manufacturing facility to accommodate THERMECOOL
• Making an impact: THERMECOOL use in 2020 is similar to taking 86,000 cars off the road for a year
COMING UP: THE WORLD’S FIRST BIOPLASTIC COOLER WITH GENERATIONAL DURABILITY AND THERMECOOL INSULATION WILL BE MADE IN THE USA AND COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE IN 2021.