Igloo x The Surfrider Foundation: A Proud Partnership
Proceeds From the New Playmate Cooler Collaboration Support Surfrider’s Mission
For more than 35 years, the Surfrider Foundation has been protecting what you love. What started as a group of surfers in Malibu, California that came together to protect their favorite surf break from overdevelopment and pollution has grown into a powerful force for coastal protection. This year, Igloo is proud to support Surfrider’s mission to protect clean water and healthy beaches, for all people, through a powerful activist network.
Surfrider’s network of 80 chapters and over 100 student clubs nationwide is made up of passion-driven individuals (like you!) who organize and take action to make change in their local communities, leading to positive policies and legislation all the way to the federal level.
Surfrider maintains five initiative areas, one of which is to eliminate plastic pollution. From over a decade of data collected by Surfrider volunteers at beach cleanups, we know that foam is one of the most commonly found items on beaches around the globe. Once it makes its way into the natural environment, foam continues to break down into smaller and smaller bits that are nearly impossible to clean up and can be mistaken for food by wildlife. This is why Surfrider advocates for eliminating single-use plastics—including, and especially, foam—at the source and continues to encourage individuals to invest in reusables that will last.
Igloo and Surfrider are proud to present the launch of a limited-edition Playmate Elite Cooler! Featuring Surfrider's iconic United States and Oceans of America wave flag design, this cooler collaboration represents the responsibility we all share to ensure the places where we surf, swim, play and live are protected and accessible for everyone. Proceeds from the collaboration will support Surfrider’s efforts in protecting the ocean and coasts for all people, today and for future generations.
Want to do your part in even more ways? Surfrider put together these helpful tips.
5 Ways to Reduce Your Single-Use Plastic Footprint
- Carry a reusable bottle or tumbler for beverages and coffee.
- Skip the straw, or use a glass or stainless steel reusable one.
- Bring reusable totes (cooler totes will go the extra mile to keep things fresh!) and produce bags to the grocery store and farmers market.
- Use reusable cotton bags, mason jars or Stasher bags instead of plastic bags for snacks on the go.
- Try wax-lined reusable food wrap to replace single-use plastic wrap or storing food in sealable, reusable containers.
5 Ways to Take Action and Get Involved With Surfrider
- Join the movement by becoming a Surfrider member!
- Find your local chapter or student club to stay up to date on the latest in your community.
- Sign a Take Action Alert right from your computer to contact your representatives and make your voice heard on coastal issues.
- Subscribe to Surfrider’s bi-weekly newsletter, Making Waves.
- Start a fundraiser through Surfrider’s activist fundraising portal or through Facebook or Instagram fundraising tools.